Feedback and Complaints

Feedback and Complaints

The Disability Services Act 2012 states that Deaf Victoria must annually report to the Disability Services Commissioner the number of complaints received about Disability Services including ourselves. Deaf Victoria has a complaints procedure (HYPERLINK).

We are aware how stressful it can be to make a complaint and endeavour to make this process as easy as possible for you. We welcome any feedback to this process.

If you would like to make a complaint but do not want to come to the Deaf Victoria office, please let us know and we can come to you.

When you make a complaint about anything, we will take the details of the complaint in writing or face-to-face.

Making a complaint or providing feedback

To make a complaint, you can either fill in the form online below or download the form (HYPERLINK) or make a video and send it to:

Deaf Victoria
Level 3, 340 Albert Street
East Melbourne, 3002


Email it to: and write Manager: Confidential or Complaint in the subject line


Skype us at JenAtDeafVictoria


Visit us at level 3, 340 Albert Street, East Melbourne.

Please contact us via email or SMS on 0431 476 721 to make an appointment.

I am the person who received the service (skip section two)
I am making a complaint on behalf of the person/child who received this service

If no, please explain why:

Do you agree that we can talk about this complaint with the person who received this service?

If no, please explain why:

3: Details of the services that the complaint is about.



6: Action already taken

Have you told this disability service about your concerns?

Have you asked another agency or person with assistance with these concerns?

Do you agree that we can talk to this agency or person about your complaint?

7: Consent to obtain or pass on information
Consent is required for Deaf Victoria and its staff to obtain or pass on personal information relevant to this complaint. A complaint can be made without providing consent, however the information obtained or passed on by Deaf Victoria may be limited. Consent can be provided in other ways (i.e. verbally) if needed.

I give permission to Deaf Victoria to:
a) Provide a copy of this complaint to the relevant service providers and organisations involved in this complaint.
b) And to request and receive any relevant information or documents about me relating to this complaint from the service provider and organisations which may be involved in this complaint.
I do not give permission at this stage.


Deaf Victoria collects personal information relating to you (or the person on whose behalf you are complaining) in its role in advocacy and dealing with complaints. Deaf Victoria can only pass on information about a complaint if it is necessary for performing the functions of the office and if the relevant consent is provided.